The Gear Krieg Game of Aircraft Combat
Aviation technology has come a long way since the Wright brothers first flew. The core principles of flight remain the same, but the methods and execution has changed dramatically. No longer is aerial warfare a duel between gentleman-pilots, swooping low over the battlefield in wood and cloth biplanes. It is a violent dance in the sky, pushing man and machine to the edge of their endurance -- and often beyond. In the air, Superscience is the alpha and omega.
Luft Krieg is a tabletop air combat wargame set in an alternate world where the wonders of pulp science-fiction magazines are realities of science. Players take the part of commanders guiding their daring aces through aerial battles inspired by the Second World War. This book includes basic rules and counters to take control of the air forces of any one of five powerful nations to help decide the fate of the Free World.
Luft Krieg includes:
- An alternate history of aviation;
- Modular, easy to learn rules that provide realistic results;
- Rules that support all the main aircraft model scales, from 1/72 to 1/300;
- Advanced rules for Aces, Morale, Rocket Packs and many more;
- Basic tables of organization for the air forces of Germany, the British Commonwealth, the United States, Soviet Russia and Imperial Japan;
- Game statistics for over 60 aircraft and combat vehicles;
- Color counter sheet for game markers.
A few six-sided dice, pen, paper and miniatures are required to play the game. Possession of the Gear Krieg wargame is useful but not required.
We produce a line of superscience aircraft miniatures for the game; buy them at your local store or in the Gear Krieg Online Store. Scotia Models also now distributes the Collectair micro-armor plane miniatures, which can be used for the "regular" WWII aircraft types.