Make your games faster and more fun by letting the computer do the math!
What is Player Genie?
Player Genie is your complete software solution for playing 3rd edition RPGs or Revision 3.5. It handles the math and rules of games based on 20-sided die so you don't have to. Before the game you can use Player Genie as your character creator and inventory manager; giving it feats, equipping magic items and having the effect applied automatically. The step-by-step Leveling Wizard makes it easier than ever to advance your PC. You can easily export to a HTML Character Sheet for printing.
Using Player Genie with a laptop during the game brings out its full power: for example, applying the effects of spells or magic items is instantaneous. Even with multiple effects (where it can become confusing because of the different kinds of bonuses that stack or don't stack), Player Genie makes it effortless. You can give an expiration time for temporary magic effects; once the spell is over, the effects are removed automatically. As you advance in combat your AC, attack bonuses, damage bonuses, skill bonuses, etc. are all calculated for you, making battles run much faster with less emphasis on the rules and more on the action.
How is Player Genie different from DM Genie?
DM Genie and Player Genie are both built from the same code, ensuring perfect compatibility; however, the features in DM Genie that are only of interest to Game Masters aren't included in Player Genie. These include: the weather generator, adventures, random treasure, the group manager, and a few other minor features. However, you retain the complete capability that DM Genie has for creating PCs, NPCs or monsters; and for customizing your campaign by creating custom feats, skills, spells, psionic powers, character classes or races. Click here to learn more about DM Genie.
Because Player Genie has fewer features it is priced lower than DM Genie. It also uses less memory, runs faster, and is easier to learn than DM Genie. Since both Player Genie and DM Genie are based on the same code you'll get the same new features that will be added in future DM Genie updates (except of course if the feature is only for DMs).
DM Genie files are fully compatible with Player Genie and vice-versa (as long as both programs are of the same version). For example, your DM can make a campaign in DM Genie, export it, and give it to his/her players who will import it into Player Genie. A player can create his PC in Player Genie, and export it to a .Creature file, giving it to the DM for use during the game.
Should I use DM Genie or Player Genie?
If you're a DM or plan on becoming one you should take a look at DM Genie: you'll need the extra features of DM Genie to run your games as smoothly as possible. You can purchase DM Genie here. If you want to stay a player you'll probably be fully satisfied with Player Genie, even if you play several PCs in different campaigns.
When you purchase Player Genie through RPG Now...
You will immediately receive your registration code by e-mail. Once you download, install and run the program, enter the code along with your e-mail address in the Help-
Updates are free! Just check the DM Genie website or RPG Now for your new version - you usually don't even need to re-enter the registration code.
Still Not Sure?
Read below for the complete list of features and some screenshots. If you have a question, just ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See more screenshots here.
List of Features
- Great for players too!
- Step-by-step Leveling Wizard makes leveling a snap! It has useful features like:
- Print your PC's Character Sheet
- Get descriptions for feats, spells, etc. without fumbling in the books.
- Save each of your special feats or spells by adding them to your campaign
- Use multiple magic items and keep track of the bonuses automatically, even if stop using one for just a minute!
- Great inventory management, even keeps track of charges of magic items.
- Use Player Genie while playing to recalculate skill bonuses etc. if under the effect of a spell or condition.
- Create new races/monsters or edit one of the 580 that come with Player Genie.
- Make monsters or PCs from any race, in seconds
- Or, use the intelligent stat block reader to generate your creatures.
- Run battles with your PCs
- Conditions: let Player Genie do the math!
- Tons of reference information at your fingertips
- Advanced Item Management
- Use one of the 1900 predefined items or create your own.
- Roll a complete treasure hoard for an encounter in a single click, using the Random Treasure Generator.
- Equip your PC with the Magical Weapon Creator or one of dozens of regular and magical armors and shields.
- Complete description for nearly all magic items, now includes hp, hardness and AC for most items.
- Magical items can have their effect automatically calculated.
- Appraisals window, for when your PCs sell their wares in town.
- Easy to learn!
- Comes with a complete and detailed help file.
- Step-by-step, in-program tutorials get you started quickly!
- Tips of the day show you features you might not know Player Genie has.
- Let the mouse hover on any control to popup a helpful ToolTip!
- Manage multiple campaigns
- Each can have its own skills, feats, spells and psionic powers and is independent from one another.
- Easy to switch from one campaign to the other.
- Move creatures and customized items between campaigns using the import/export functions.
- You can even export/import an entire campaign!
- A huge database from the core rulebooks:
- 570 races or types of monsters
- 70 skills
- 270 feats and special abilities
- 540 spells
- 270 psionic powers
- 20 non-magical armors and shields
- 80 weapons
- 1900 items
- 36 classes
- And you can add to or customize any entry!
- Export and import functions:
- Share on the Internet or by diskette with other players.
- Export/Import anything from a single feat to an entire campaign.
- All files are pre-compressed for fast downloads.
- Well-designed interface:
- Gives you the information you need, when you need it.
- Uses clearly labelled buttons and menus instead of cryptic icons.
- Can run in 800x600 and still display all the necessary information.
- Windows can be resized and make maximum use of available area.
- Numerous keyboard shortcuts increase speed and reduce the need for a mouse.
- The most common characteristics can be edited in multiple ways - use the one you prefer!
- Color-coded listings give information at a glance.
- Customizable Rules allow you to run the game the way you want.
- Using VBScript, a simple yet powerful programming language, you can customize feats to do almost anything.
- Edit every aspect of the game.
- Pop-up dice roller, with custom or pre-defined dice.
- Create or delete skills, feats, spells, powers, items, weapons and conditions.
- And tons of other little functions that will make your life easier as a DM!
128 Megs of RAM
50 Megs of free hard drive space
1024x768 display, 256 colors
Laptop recommended for in-game use.