To celebrate Science Fiction Month, this title has been marked down by 15% through all of May! For more values, visit our Science Fiction Month sale page.
Author: Colin Fredericks
Page Count: 250 pages plus character sheets
Demo: 8 pages, 708kB
Format: Full-color PDF, Acrobat 6 or better
The year is 3029 AD - Galactic Year 592. The Human Empire fell 125 years ago, and it is a time of rebuilding. Sharing the galaxy with the delicate Inuueliting, the massive Caractingessen, the supremely intelligent Valorians and others, Humanity has had to find its place in this time of flux. A time when a few dedicated men, women, and Nesti can truly make a difference.
Inside this book you will find a complete role-playing game, with...
- A detailed character creation system — some characters are even be created gene by gene!
- Ten major species, eight galaxy-spanning cultures, eighteen classes, dozens of Walks of Life, advantages, disadvantages, and over a hundred skills give your characters depth and detail.
- A mystical power known as the Lording that influences physical forces, but not living beings.
- Religions, megacorporations, a look at love and entertainment in the 31st century, and a setting that’s more than just a generic space game.
- A universe where your species does not dictate your culture.
- A balanced and detailed combat system.
- A sytem for social conflicts that mirrors the combat system, giving social characters more to do than simply sit on the sidelines and make the occasional contested roll.
- Dozens of high-tech weapons and suits of armor, from gatling lasers to entropy beams.
- Over one hundred plot seeds, and extensive advice for game masters.
- Your characters don’t start off at the bottom of the barrel; they have real experience and power in the world.
The fate of the galaxy is in your characters’ hands. Will you act to preserve the status quo, or will you work for a better tomorrow? The choice is yours.
Valence: Change the world — or someone else will change it for you.
Valence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 license.