Bring On the Monsters!
Awaiting you between the covers of the Advanced Bestiary are over 100 new templates that put the power back into your hands! With concepts ranging from the apocalyptic four horsemen to the bizarre id ooze and stone idol, this book offers unprecedented flexibility for campaigns of any style. These templates can be combined with monsters from any other source to create an endless variety of new creatures, making every monster book you already own even more valuable. In addition, to enhance this book's usefulness, each template includes a sample creature, showing ways to overlay templates on a variety of creatures, while giving monster stats ready to play right out of the book. Used by itself, or in conjunction with Green Ronin's Advanced Player's Manual and the Advanced Gamemaster's Guide, your games will never be the same. Inside the Advanced Bestiary you will find:
- Extensive guidelines for applying templates to any creature in the 3rd Era rules.
- Over 100 new templates with CR modifiers ranging from -4 to +6
- Dozens of new templates applicable for player character use.
- Templates within templates, with variations among existing templates like the devil bound, demon possessed, and metal clad creatures.
- Templates to create all your favorite undead, from ghouls and mummies to their more powerful varieties like dread morghs and dread wraith sovereigns.
- Sample creatures for every template with CRs ranging from 1/2 to 24.
- Beautiful illustrations by top artists like Julian Allen, Kent Burles, Mike Vilardi, Kev Crossley, Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Tyler Walpole, Ilya Astrakhan, Caleb Cleveland, and Britt Martin.
- Each template identified by complexity level to enhance the books utility for times when you need a template in a hurry.
- The ability to surprise your players with an assortment of terrifying foes!
Written by Plot & Poison author and Dragon Magazine editor-in-chief Matthew Sernett, the Advanced Bestiary is a monster-building toolkit like none other!
This product utilizes updated material from the v.3.5 revision.
PDF Features: Bookmarked Linked Table of Contents Created from source files - not a scanned PDF Error correction from the original print release Gold Vendor Updates* Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or later
Edition Credits: Design: Matthew Sernett Editing: Penny Williams Development: Robert J Schwalb Art Direction and Graphic Design: Hal Mangold Cover Art: William C. Eaken Interior Art: Julian Allen, Kent Burles, Mike Vilardi, Kev Crossley, Toren ?MacBin? Atkinson, Tyler Walpole, Anthony Francicso, Ilya Astrakhan, Caleb Cleveland, and Britt Martin Proofreading: Evan Sass and Marc Schmalz Executive Producer: Chris Pramas Green Ronin Staff: Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, and Robert J Schwalb
Demo Link Details: The Demo button links to two pages on the Apocalypse Swarm. In addition to this, there are many other free downloads associated with the Advanced Bestiary on the Green Ronin website.
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”