Dragons and Dungeon-dwellers Beware!
The perfect complement for your PH, the Advanced Player's Manual gives your characters all new capabilities. Like other books in Green Ronin's Advanced Series, this book is all about options, expansions, and moving your games into new directions. With new race flexibility, variant magic classes, mass combat rules, and more, you have the tools to create a host of unique and interesting characters, or to improve existing ones. Whether player or GM, this book breathes fresh air into character building, putting the power into your hands. Better still, each chapter is modular in design, making it easy to choose options are appropriate for your games. Used by itself or in conjunction with Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary and the Advanced Gamemaster's Guide, your games can only improve with this invaluable resource. Inside, you'll find:
- Luck defined as a new ability score with several options for incorporating it into your games.
- A complete toolbox for building your own variations of the core races, while also giving guidelines for building planetouched races, half-races, and greater races.
- Six new base classes including the eldritch weaver, spellmaster, and thanemage, including epic progressions for each.
- New uses and modifiers for skills based on creature types body types, and a selection of new feats including Fighting Withdrawal and Taunt.
- An all-new numeric based alignment system with examples for creatures found in the MM.
- Mass combat rules, fully compatible with Malhavoc Press' Cry Havoc.
- Over 100 new spells, like crown of valor, foozle, and the devastating ring of fire.
- The psychic base class and the skill- and feat-based psychic system first presented in Green Ronin's popular Psychic's Handbook.
- Engaging illustrations from top artists like Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Drew Baker, Kent Burles, Storn Cook, Marcio Fiorito, James Smith III, Joseph Wigfield, and Lisa Wood
Written by 3rd Era guru and sage Skip Williams, author of the MM, the Advanced Player's Manual is the perfect sourcebook to take your games to the next level.
This product utilizes updated material from the v.3.5 revision.
- PDF Features:
- Linked Table of Contents
- Created from source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design: Skip Williams
- Additional Design: Robert J. Schwalb (Chapter Two: Races), Steve Kenson (Appendix I)
- Editing: Scott Fitzgerald Gray
- Development: Robert J. Schwalb
- Additional Development: Steve Kenson and Owen K.C. Stephens
- Graphic Design: Marc Schmalz
- Art Direction and Additional Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Cover Art: William C. Eaken
- Interior Art: Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Drew Baker, Kent Burles, Storn Cook, Marcio Fiorito, James Smith III, Joseph Wigfield, Lisa Wood
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Green Ronin Staff: Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Marc Schmalz, Evan Sass, and Robert J. Schwalb.
- Demo Link Details:
- The Demo button links to five pages of Chapter Three: Character Classes. Read all about the Spellmaster, and a little bit about the Thanemage, straight out of the pages of the Advanced Player's Manual. The Green Ronin website has additional free material associated with this book.
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”