While Tobias Morley masqueraded as a simple actor and diplomat, history remembers him as the infamous spy and provocateur nicknamed the Black Tongue by his victims. Using a combination of arcane wordplay and natural charm, he manipulated the politicians of his day and initiated conflicts that continued for decades. Today his legend continues thanks to a simple book of plays and spells, many of which contain the details of his arcane spells hidden behind a series of complex ciphers.
The contents of the Book of the Black Tongue allow you to:
- Discern untruths and subtexts with beneath the words
- Sour friendships and start wars with Blacktongue's baleful mediation
- Make even the most outrageous bluff seem plausible with Blacktongue's brilliant lie
- Lull others into false security with Blacktongue's careless confession
- Win any argument with Blacktongue's dominated debate
- Use words as weapons with Blacktongue's verbal barb
- Sow discord among your foes with the circle of aphasia
- Sway any crowd with the aid of the Instant Orator
- Create the ultimate secret message with savage script
- Have secret conversations with your allies using the subtle sentence
- Make even the most honest man seem false with truth to untruth
- Steal unfamiliar tongues from others with word thief
The Book of the Black Tongues contains a dozen new spells penned by Tobias Morley, playwright and bard-trained diplomat extraordinaire. The spells range from 0-level cantrips to 4th-level enchantments, with new options available for bards and wizards alike. The Book of the Black Tongue comes complete with details on the book's history, appearance, content and value, making it ready to be dropped into your latest treasure horde or spellcaster's library.
Now updated for use with The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!