Deluxe Starship Designs
Drake is one of three Seraphim-class frigates built by the Terra Novan Theocracy. Captured just prior to launch at the New Albion Shipyards, the ConFederation repurposed these ships for reconnaissance and exploration. Originally built to fullfill a variety of roles, including escort and troop insertion duties, the versatile craft has hangar space for half a dozen fighters and a huge cargo bay originally intended to carry troops and hover tanks.
At 292 feet long, this PL-7 frigate carries a crew of 18 and a complement of six Sparrowhawk-class fighters. Though only lightly armed as a vessel of exploration, statistics and story for a more heavily armed "pirate" configurations are also included. Exploration, reconnaissance, journeys to distant stars - Drake is designed to fill these roles and more.
The .zip file contains the following:
- 18 page PDF file detailing the ship, interior areas, and crew.
- Open Game License stats provided for the vessel and crew, as well as the fighter craft and a 'pirate' configuration.
- Map Book
- Full-color 22 page PDF file containing complete interior maps.
- Includes miniature-scale maps for tactical combat.
- Broken into pages for easy printing.
- Printer friendly, black and white version of the map book.
- Miniature-scale composite maps of the ship interior.
- A 24x60 inch, 150 dpi, color JPEG image of the main deck.
- A 20x28 inch, 150 dpi, color JPEG image of the other three decks.
- "Bonus Art" directory with half a dozen rendered images of the frigate and fighters.
Sample documents and bonus art are available at ki-ryn.com.
Like all of the Future Armada ships, Drake is meant to be useful to game masters and players alike. Story, stats, and maps are all easily separated so you can keep what you like and change what you want. If you yearn to explore the uncharted regions of your campaign, Drake can take you there!