It is a bleak time for Sanctuary. Prince Kadakithis slips deeper into the arms of his beloved Shupansea. Undead walk the Shambles. Death squads drag innocents from their homes, murdering and maiming on the orders of Death's Queen. Assassins of the 3rd Commando rally to fight Roxane's forces, while the PFLS wage their terrorist war to oust the hated Beysib. On behalf of the impotent prince, a few disgraced Hell-Hounds and Walegrin's men fight a losing battle, while Straton and his remaining Stepsons work to establish their own place in the city, dancing on the strings pulled by the Necromant. And crime lords, kingpins, and the rest of the city's scum scurry out from the Maze and the Downwind like roaches, to take whatever advantage they can. This is no place for the unwary. It is Hell. It is Thieves' World at its best.
Black Snake Dawn is a new adventure for the Thieves' World Campaign Setting. Inside this exciting new scenario, you'll find:
- A detailed overview of Sanctuary during its most violent era in the classic anthologies.
- An examination of the various power groups controlling the city, including the gladiators, PFLS, death squads, and more.
- Extensive guidelines for randomly generating zones and encounters in the city.
- Additional information on beloved characters such as Niko, Stilcho, and Daphne.
- A complete adventure for four to six characters of 9th level.
Black Snake Dawn sheds light on the city during one of its most dire and dynamic eras. When Molin Torchholder rounds up the player characters to investigate the disappearance of a visiting noble's daughter, the adventurers must navigate a quagmire of intrigue and corruption, wend their way through the combat zones of the city, avoid death squads, thwart terrorists, and forge alliances with the different power groups if they hope to succeed on their mission. And they must do it all before the first rays of the Black Snake Dawn scorch the horizon.
The World of Sanctuary Awaits You!
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons®, Third Edition Core Books, by Wizards of the Coast, for use. The product uses material from the v3.5 revision.
- PDF Features:
- Linked Table of Contents
- Created from source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design: Robert J. Schwalb
- Editing: Evan Sass
- Proofreading: Scott Neese
- Art Direction and Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Interior Art: Kent Burles, Britt Martin, and Tony Parker
- Cartography: Rob Lazzaretti
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Green Ronin Staff: Bill Bodden, Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, jim pinto, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz, and Robert J. Schwalb
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”