Open Game Table, The Anthology of Roleplaying Game Blogs aims to bridge the gap between the RPG blogging community and the broader table-top gaming fan base by showcasing the best talent in the RPG blogosphere. Within these pages are nearly fifty blog posts from dozens of top-quality RPG blogs chosen by the fans who read them. An expert panel of RPG bloggers, editors, and game designers judged the hundreds of blog posts that were nominated to the anthology, but only the most thought provoking and highest value nominees were chosen. Open Game Table also includes a Foreword written by RPG luminary Wolfgang Baur, as well as an introduction to the RPG Bloggers Network. Packed with content useable both at and away from the game table, and over 60 illustrations by a stable of talented new artists, this book is Pure Gold.
Wired Magazine's Geek Dad says its "a tome worth slaying orcs for... The kind of brain stimulus role players need, diverse and quality content."
Bards & Sages says "Open Game Table is the reference guide equivalent of a Deck of Many Things, except all of the crappy cards have been replaced with 50,000 XP and a medium magic item...and you can draw from it again and again."
Within the pages of Open Game Table are 47 blog posts from 32 top-quality RPG blogs, plus a Foreword written by RPG luminary Wolfgang Baur. Packed with juicy content and over 60 illustrations, "this book is Pure Gold."
Not sure if this book is worth its weight in gold? Check out these other blogs for some in-depth reviews of the book and then decide for yourself - you will NOT be disappointed.
- The RPGBloggers Anthology...first impressions from The Art of the TPK
- RPG Blog Anthology: Kudos from A Butterfly Dreaming
- Open Game Table Anthology from Tales of the Rambling Bumblers
- Work CAN be Fun at Make Way for Ducklings
- Open Game Table from Stupid Ranger
- Open Game Table Set for March 23rd Debut from The Society of Torch, Pole and Rope
- Open Game Table from NewbieDM
- RPG Blog Anthology over at Encounter-a-Day
- Open Game Table: Anthology from Critical Hits
- Open Game Table Review from Stargazer's World