Imagine: A fantasy world, but not one based on Medieval/Dark Ages European culture and myth, but rather on the tropes of the Spaghetti Western and Chinese Wuxia. Add steampunk elements. Mix well.
A fantasy world that mixes the inspirations of Django and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon... The Good, The Bad & The Ugly and House of Flying Daggers... Fistful of Dollars and Fist of Legend.
A fantasy world that's explored through a book series, a constantly-updated website, a tabletop role-playing game, comics, artwork, webseries and much, much, more.
This is FAR WEST.
Tales of the Far West is the first book in Adamant Entertainment's Wuxia-Western mash-up, featuring a dozen all-new tales written by critically-acclaimed and award-winning fantasy, science-fiction, horror and adventure authors, including:
- "He Built The Wall To Knock It Down" by Scott Lynch: A master teaches an unforgettable lesson in the pursuit of excellence in all things.
- "In Stillness, Music" by Aaron Rosenberg: A wandering musician is all that stands between a village and a cattle baron.
- "Riding The Thunderbird" by Chuck Wendig: A herd of giant, flightless birds, a young girl, and a sudden lesson.
- "Purity of Purpose" by Gareth-Michael Skarka: Who seeks the secret of the Unsurpassed Weapons?
- "Paper Lotus" by Tessa Gratton: A strange girl tasks a wounded man to deliver a crucial message.
- "In the Name of the Empire" by Eddy Webb: A sheriff is charged with the murder of an Imperial Magistrate.
- "Errant Eagles" by Will Hindmarch: A gunslinger faces the consequences of his past.
- "Railroad Spikes" by Ari Marmell: A bandit finds that he's robbed the wrong train.
- "The Fury Pact" by Matt Forbeck: An inventor's son faces the responsibility of his name.
- "Seven Holes" by T.S. Luikart: An apprentice learns the true nature of demons.
- "Local Legend" by Jason L. Blair: Red Phoenix was dead, and the bounty hunter tells the tale.
- "Crippled Avengers" by Dave Gross: A band of fighters seek to take revenge on the steam baron who crippled them.
Purchase of TALES OF THE FAR WEST includes a zip file will the book in all three major formats: EPUB, compatible with Apple iBooks and Barnes & Noble Nook; MOBI, compatible with Amazon's Kindle; and Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF), all for one price.